Skip to main content

On Beauty



  So to kick off with introducing you guys the major haul I got from the US and some other finds from home, I decided to start with the beauty bundle I manage to put together. I'm no professional so I'm simply writing this review from my own opinion and experience. Here goes:


ARGANICARE Hair Serum

  I've recently am into caring my hair as I never paid much attention to it but since I started playing around with it, I learned on the way that it needs some love if its gonna go through a couple heat hair wands. Despite my initial intent of treating it to some coconut oil, I find that I never have enough coconut oil for my hair and if I do, I most likely forgot. This serum that I got from Ross was price down to around $7 from its original $26. What really caught my attention was that it had certified Argan Oil for that much needed vitamin E and anti-oxidant and Shea butter. Its objective is to keep hair from looking dull and be that instant repair for roots to tips. Basically you can use it two ways: After a shower, apply small amount to wet hair before you blow dry and continue on to styling it anyway you want usually. This protects it from heat and gives it that healthy shine. Second way is to use it as treatment by applying it and waiting for about 30 minutes before rinsing. When I washed my hair in the morning, this is my go-to for that natural shine without the oily feel and protection against breakage as sometimes my hair is prone to. A really good investment for my strands and it smells like exotic flowers. Sigh.


 Tresemme Heat Tamer Leave-In Spray

  If I happen to style my hair or wash it in the evening, this is the one product I depend on aside the Arganicare. Tressemme product here is fairly expensive. You see it always displayed in an almost "out-of-your-reach" manner in saloons because you know that stuff is pricey. Luckily for me, in the US this stuff is like around $7 and my brother got me this. Out and about, I can feel my hair being burned at its tips with our tropic sun. Once I'm in shelter, I noticed how dry and sometimes even brittle my hair can seem. While I do rough dry my hair after washing, sometimes I don't care to avoid the ends and need to get my hair done faster than 5 minutes. This spray not only protects your strands from heat up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (around 250 degrees Celsius), it really helps in making my hair conform to the texture I wish to style it in. When I'm thinking of doing a straight lob or wavy do, this helps it to keep it looking shiny and healthy no matter the shape my hair may take. Plus this is so travel friendly as it isn't too big and has a press lock to keep it from accidentally spraying during the "push" and "shove" in your luggage. I am in love with this.


Tresemme Touchable Softness Conditioner

To battle how dry my hair gets in the winter, my brother provided us this conditioner in our guest bathroom and I've just been so into it. I usually hate conditioning because it takes 5 or more minutes and slathering it on my hair can be a hassle. Tressemme being a professional favorite however solved my problem. Suitable for daily use, it only take 2-3 minutes for you to wait and its not as "stick to your fingers" as some other conditioners if you all know what I mean. Its so easy and the results are as it promises. Touchable softness. I keep running my fingers through because for once my hair is addictive to touch. Its also infused with Moroccan Argan Oil as well with other ingredient meant to treat and moisturize your hair. Combing it has been a breeze with less knots and more smooth combing. Plus I barely have to use much despite how thick my hair can be. This conditioner has definitely got me covered. My brother even bought a bottle for me to bring home so I can continue to go out and have that no-care-wind-in-hair days.


Herbal Essences Set Me Up (Hold Me Softly) Hairspray Fixatif

  Right at shampoos and conditioners, I never knew Herbal Essences had other hair products beyond that but they did and I wish they sold it here. I love their products because it has an added natural essence to them that I feel should definitely be a better alternative for beauty. Especially how every one of them smells so divine. So it shouldn't come to any surprise when their hairspray comes with different fragrance. This one is the Lily of The Valley essence that makes my hair smells so good, I can't get enough of it. I love how light it is and how it can make a stand out impression after one whiff. With only 2 out of 4 strength of hold, it becomes the perfect thing I need for almost everyday styling. You only need just a few spritz and already you got a hold of yourself.


Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

I actually started using this since last year and I brought my own when I went to US but while moving from one hotel to another, Melvin who wheeled the luggage with a bit of my stuff forgot to zip up. Being a really small bottle, it was harder to search for it as stuff came pouring out and he eventually gave me some money to buy it at the Body Shop in Oregon. The price is really similar to how its priced here which is on a tourist favorite discount of RM33. It really helps when I have breakouts or when acne starts to form. Its a major reason to why my skin isn't going out of control.


ALMAY get up & grow mascara

  I'm not a mascara girl. I was initially very much a cat eye one but as I try to one up my style, I realize how I'm really into those quick done up look. My time in US has made me more aware that while I am not always in the mood to be made-up, I feel it really makes me put together with small efforts like doing your lashes and a quick dab of lip tint. So I had to be real picky with make up as I can be allergic to some ingredients and searched thoroughly for one with natural ingredients and easy bristle shape. I also didn't want one where it made my lashes have too much volume and make it too dressy. Almay is a brand owned by Revlon which I love as a lot of the their stuff goes so well on my skin for a long lasting effect. It also is made up of ingredients that are purer and gentler for me so I ultimately got this mascara out of others. The pay out was worth it as all I need is one coat and I'm set. Its waterproof and doesn't dry out my lashes. It's so easy to use and I love the results it offers. The only criticism is that it takes a bit more time for it to dry completely before I can safely blink.


REVLON AGE DEFYING CC CREAM 040 Medium Deep

I'm a huge fan off anything that is lighter than foundation as somehow I find myself wanting some coverage most of the time for a smoother complexion and its Revlon which I had very good experience with by far. Unlike BB (Beauty Balm) creams, CC (Colour Correcting) creams is meant to really give you a natural skin tone and bring out those assets that you already have. I usually use my finger to apply in certain areas and it goes on really well with my skin. It comes with a broad spectrum SPF 30 which is a must as I don't intend to look any darker. Whilst I look under 12 (I have an experience that proves that statement), I do mind if aging faster occurs on my skin so early prevention is but a small effort. This is the darkest shade I could find and its about just a tiny bit darker than my real skintone but give it several minutes and it starts to really adapt to my skin that I prefer to use it as a contouring agent most of the time.


Neutrogena Shine Control Primer

Another natural made product is this primer which has rice protein complex meant to give a matte look and absorb that excess oil that can gather around the face. As much as I love a dewy look, I don't feel the same with an oily one. So using this does give a nice matte do without drying my face out and sometimes I'll even use it alone. I use it on part of my face where I don't want any shine to it as well keep my make-up under control. Primer to me is pretty important as it preps your skin for all the cosmetics your skin goes through. Keep in mind your skin EATS everything you put on it, which is why I switch to more natural made stuff. Its long lasting and does not clog pores. The cream is white which doesn't show once you put it on so it suits all skin tones. It safe to say that this is one primer that I enjoy by far.


Remy Laure High Protection Sun Cream

This one is from the lady who does my facials. My basic skin routine is basically from her and one of them is this sun cream. I've used ever since I was 13 and its a major reason to why I'm not darker as well as probably younger looking than my actual age. It blend well to my skin type and often leave a nice shine on my face. I tend to use and apply it like a highlighter to the higher areas of my face. Its beauty benefit is that it combat against UVA and have an SPF 30. Its even waterproof, hydrating and works as an anti-oxydant. Its something I bring wherever I travel and proven to protect my skin in a variety of situations. Rain and swimming hardly is any trouble for me because of this. It is however quite pricey and I'm not sure how many cosmetic shops actually still sell this brand.


Love & Beauty by F21 Vanilla Bliss Body Mist

Smelling good really improves one's mood. I have one or two mini perfumes but they never really stay on the skin the way body mists do. With notes of jasmine, lily of the valley, caramel and vanilla, this lighthearted sweet scent is my ideal type of fragrance. It lasts and only need just a light spray to do the trick. This is a smaller travel sized one that I got from Forever21 as I wasn't sure if I would like it but clearly I should have taken a bigger bottle. Their isn't a day when I skip this product out after a shower. Its like smelling like pure spring wherever you may go. I feel such a girl with this on me and gotten compliments from my family and couple friends.


I love... Raspberry & Blackberry Glossy Lip Balm

Gifted from my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Joanna, who wasn't really using it, this is now my everyday lip balm. It comes in this small tub and it took me awhile to recognize it but its one of those "I love..." cosmetics which I've seen and read reviews off the internet and wanted to try it but never really encounter it in any shops even while travelling. Manufactured from the UK, it great for when I'm going for that nice dewy glow look and with just a dab amount, I get this cute slightly dark shade of pink that I love on me given my medium skin tone. I found myself using a lot lately so there you go.


Watson Invigorating Wet Tissue (Green Tea Scented)

I got this as a freebie and because I'm a Watson member. Surprisingly this is great for my skin as its mild and alcohol free. I've been kinda skipping on cleansing my skin which all of you shouldn't be copying because that is bad but so far I haven't been breaking out more than usual as I've been using these to take off my make up and cleanse my skin. Its super moisturizing to my face and leave me feeling really clean with just a light refreshing wipe down. I just got some more meant for facial cleansing from there and currently testing it out. Its great for when I'm out and I need to wash my hands from stick and stains too. The green tea scent also have like this calming scent so having it on my hands and face after cleaning is lovely.


Dettol Hand Sanitizer with Chamomile Extract

One of two of Dettol's Hand Sanitizer, this one is the only one with a floral scent that all my male and female friends find very agreeable. This one however is used in between getting ready my face, not when I'm out. Whenever I use my hand to apply anything on my face, I use a quick squeeze of this before and after applying so as the substances don't mix together and stay on my fingers. With your skin taking everything in contact with, I try to make sure my hands are clean whenever I can before daring to touch my face.

This concludes the first part of my haul. Hope you guys enjoy it as it took some time I know but my lappie is going wacko since I update it so my post may come out quite slow. I promise more as there are tons of drafts right now that I'm working to finish for it to be ready for you guys to read. Again comment and share if you like this post. Look forward to more and have a great day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Favourites

Hey guys. Just a quick correction from my previous post, its not mist, its a haze. Thanks to my ever loving brother for pointing it out. If there is something wrong with my post for me to check out, really feel free to comment on it! So as I said, lately its been a very laidback weather here and these are the songs that carried me through it. I might not be able to list all but just click here and you can find the rest on my SoundCloud. It's been awhile since the last Tune Favourite  and that means I've been listening a ton. 1. "Here" by Alessia Cara (Lucian Remix) This has been basically the soundtrack for my August and even now I can't but be so floored by this singer's voice. I discovered her from a youtuber I follow and never regretted the decision to subscribe to her Vevo channel. While the original is the stuff, I love how it was remix here and every decision made to create it is so spot on. Do check out her other singles like "I&#

Newness

  For those new to my blog, hi and thanks for stumbling here (whether accidentally or not I am grateful). If you generally want to know me, check out my profile so you know what you're in for. For those who knew about this blog, if you haven't noticed, I've made a few changes and this post entails the reason. I'm finishing high school and to be honest, I have no plans on my education past that but we'll eventually have to. However, I decided to take up on writing more despite the on coming responsibilities. I plan to write reviews, expressing my thoughts on  books and movie and the like. Post some outfits as well, just need to work on being able to pose head to toe whenever and wherever I can. So there's thing in my head that will be published in the future and so with that in mind, I decided to change the name (yes *Douglas, I can see you your smug smirk), look and give it slightly more clarity as to what I will post and what are they all about. It

Into The Woods

  Happy Belated New Year! I'm back in Seattle from Oregon, Portland, with so much to say and stories to share but just to attempt to start my blogging streak, here is my review on the recent movie of the musical "Into The Woods". Note: I'm no expert on movies, I consider myself kinda easy to amuse despite my habit of checking rotten tomato critics. And yes there are spoilers. Onto the review! Its about a 2 hour long movie but for a total movie and musical fan like me, it was worth it. Watching it with my cousin who is also a musical lover like me at Cedar Hill's Theatre was a thrilling and wonderful experience. The prologue starts with an introduction to the main fairytale cast, narrated by the character, The Baker, himself. Based off Brother Grimm stories which haven't quite been commonly known among society, it takes you to another altered dimension from the mainstream and happier version of the classic stories we grew up knowing. The ball Cinderell