Skip to main content

Tune Favourites

Double posting yeah! Feeling pretty motivated so straight after my very recent post of my trip to La Holla, here is another post on some of the songs that got me feeling some good vibes for the past 2 months I've been in the US until even now. You all also get an idea on my kind of music which is pretty eclectic as some of those who I violated with my playlist over the radio would know. Along with what I think of the song as well as a bit of info on it, hope you guys check em' out and see if you like them!


1. Blank Space/ Style (Taylor Swift Mashup)
by Louisa Wendorff & Devin Dawson
This is my current on repeat song that I only discovered just couple days back and this song got 4 million views on youtube. Gaining these artists some attention from the media and compliments from Tay Swift herself! Also they got to attend the Grammy's today and sing this song on E!'s pre red carpet show. Nothing but soft classic yet original tunes and perfect harmony that gets listeners hooked and in love. Obsessed.


2. Love Me Like You Do
by Ellie Goulding
One of the soundtrack of the upcoming Valentine's Day movie "Fifty Shades of Grey", this song is pretty catchy if you don't mind the movie its part of. Whilst I am sick of the trailer and ads of the movie that kept playing whenever I watched local TV back in Seattle and when I am waiting for a video to load on YouTube over there, the soundtracks of any movies these day are usually worth listening into. Especially since I not only love movies but even their soundtracks. Plus, I love Ellie and she nearly could do no wrong. With that unique melodious voice, she perfectly encompasses the complicated and crazy love between Chris and Ana whilst making it a fact that its also something everyone else experiences.



3. Riptide
by Vance Joy
Sure, this isn't the newest song anymore but it was perfect as we drove down long roads. Imagine it with Cali and it's beach atmosphere. I could be doing the waves with my arms and prancing about. It has a ukele involved which lets face it, who doesn't love the sound of that? The lyrics are obviously influence by a various amount of things and honestly you're not too clear what is it about except the fact its about a girl whom the persona don't want leaving him, Despite that, listening to the lyrics just doesn't feel/sound all that crazy. Vance himself once admitted to writing the lyrics as simply writing the flow of his consciousness.


4. Put Your Records On
by Corinne Bailey Rae
It is an old song but I came to this song on a pleasant drive out in Seattle. Douglas always listened to Radio Station with a variety of genre so their is no time discriminations and this song was on. We drove through a park to go catch the sunset, tall sky reaching trees a blur in the window I stared out. I was slightly tired from the day's activities and my mind was ready to doze till I noticed this song. It's just one of those feel good songs for women that instantly brightens my mood and energy.


5. Ghost
by Ella Henderson (Oliver Nelson remix)
Not sure how I found this but all I remembered is that when I did listen to it for the first time, I could not get it enough of it. The original never really quite catch me but this remix had me look into a few more remixes as well. My kind of song when its night and my brain needs a musical party to attend to. Its one of the raddest songs I assure you as well as the next few remixes listed after this.


6. Now You See Me
by Skogsra (Original remix)
Its so retro, kinda Maroon 5, and maybe even R&B. Doesn't that sound like a must hear?  


7. Superstition
by Stevie Wonder (C2C remix)
I love Stevie Wonder, Honestly he's just a gift and he's voice gets me everytime, His live performance of his song "Superstition" gave me the chills. And this remix? Just up this song's cool game when you thought there just no way it could. 


8. You And Me
by Oxford
The chicest song with the coolest beats. Make you feel just like how it sounds. I feel I could get through the most stressful laptop work while looking so chill.


9. Uptown Funk
by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
Soooo easily into my sick beats playlist. Found this as recommended by YouTube and if you figure the similarity of tunes with the previous songs, you know I dig this. I dig this a lot.

And we'll stop here for today! Look forward to the next one guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Favourites

Hey guys. Just a quick correction from my previous post, its not mist, its a haze. Thanks to my ever loving brother for pointing it out. If there is something wrong with my post for me to check out, really feel free to comment on it! So as I said, lately its been a very laidback weather here and these are the songs that carried me through it. I might not be able to list all but just click here and you can find the rest on my SoundCloud. It's been awhile since the last Tune Favourite  and that means I've been listening a ton. 1. "Here" by Alessia Cara (Lucian Remix) This has been basically the soundtrack for my August and even now I can't but be so floored by this singer's voice. I discovered her from a youtuber I follow and never regretted the decision to subscribe to her Vevo channel. While the original is the stuff, I love how it was remix here and every decision made to create it is so spot on. Do check out her other singles like "I&#

Newness

  For those new to my blog, hi and thanks for stumbling here (whether accidentally or not I am grateful). If you generally want to know me, check out my profile so you know what you're in for. For those who knew about this blog, if you haven't noticed, I've made a few changes and this post entails the reason. I'm finishing high school and to be honest, I have no plans on my education past that but we'll eventually have to. However, I decided to take up on writing more despite the on coming responsibilities. I plan to write reviews, expressing my thoughts on  books and movie and the like. Post some outfits as well, just need to work on being able to pose head to toe whenever and wherever I can. So there's thing in my head that will be published in the future and so with that in mind, I decided to change the name (yes *Douglas, I can see you your smug smirk), look and give it slightly more clarity as to what I will post and what are they all about. It

Into The Woods

  Happy Belated New Year! I'm back in Seattle from Oregon, Portland, with so much to say and stories to share but just to attempt to start my blogging streak, here is my review on the recent movie of the musical "Into The Woods". Note: I'm no expert on movies, I consider myself kinda easy to amuse despite my habit of checking rotten tomato critics. And yes there are spoilers. Onto the review! Its about a 2 hour long movie but for a total movie and musical fan like me, it was worth it. Watching it with my cousin who is also a musical lover like me at Cedar Hill's Theatre was a thrilling and wonderful experience. The prologue starts with an introduction to the main fairytale cast, narrated by the character, The Baker, himself. Based off Brother Grimm stories which haven't quite been commonly known among society, it takes you to another altered dimension from the mainstream and happier version of the classic stories we grew up knowing. The ball Cinderell