Skip to main content

Spotlight: Beauty Edition


I am back home and having spent almost 3 weeks blissfully chilling and eating, I thought I share some beauty products that I've been loving recently. For cleanser, I really do enjoy this one for removing my make up. I won't say its something you can count on to take a completely BEAT face off but if you typically don on light makeup (me on the daily), this does the job. I really wanted to try be environment friendly by avoiding make up wipes as much as I can and I can't use cleansing oils because I have no hot water back in the hostel to really get that off. Hence, I gave this a go and its a bliss to massage into the face. I've been trying this thing I read from W Magazine that's a Japanese technique to cleanse as well as rinse for a couple minutes each to really clean out your face with gentle cleansers. So this product was perfect to also implement that and easy to rinse out as well.

When I wanted to be more gentle to my skin, I worried that products branded for sensitive skin were so gentle that they weren't effective as they lack active ingredients. However, COSRX challenges that stigma and came out with a whole line of skincare that is geared not only towards sensitive skin types but with actual promising results. I am a huge fan of their blemish cream and this ampule was sort of released to pair with it and double the blemish vanishing effect. My scarring has at least gone two shades less opaque and I can go out not feeling the need to conceal them. It consist mostly of the winning ingredient of all k-skincare; Centella Asiatica aka Cica and can acts as a spot treatment. This has easily won a place in my heart despite it being only 2 weeks of using it. Moving on, what started with a fascination for facial oils and is now something I cannot imagine not having, this Maracuja oil has planted itself permanently into my must have's. You can put it on your face, hair, nails or any crusty patch of skin and it will sink in and leave behind a smooth moisturized result with no oily feeling. It can be mixed with foundations to cancel out all the matte to replace with just the right amount of dew and glow. It has definitely balanced out my sebum and kept my skin fresh in intense AC lectures. I highly recommend to anyone with any skin type to try it out and go for the travel version as that can last for months.

No surprise here with the 2nd COSRX item that made it to this list. I will be honest, these peeling pads are pricey (RM79 with 20% discount) and there is only 70 pads. Considering that, I really only use this once every week or two ,though you can use this daily as it markets to be gentle enough. I love this a lot because if I really went all out with my make up, I will reach out for this after my double cleanse to really make sure everything is off and it also lets me know how good a new cleanser is. It leaves skin feeling fresh and supple, plus it is easy to travel around with. The next product was something I've been curious to try out as a LOT of people who suffers from eczema and any redness vouched for it's amazing calming magic. I tend to get some irritations and was actually pretty surprised how well this worked over any part of your body. It works wonders over your make up, it's compact and overall feels nice to use. Definitely repurchasing.

We are finally at the make up part of this post and I am excited to have tried both these concealers as I seen some reviews. On the high end spectrum, we have Too Faced with golden undertones that glides on the skin so smooth as well as brightens. However, I find that its claim to blur/diminish lines  debatable and not long lasting as it is a moisturizing concealer. On the drugstore side, Maybelline offer this matte skin-like finish that will not budge once you blend it in. It offers somewhere between medium to high coverage for me and is definitely buildable. Though, I will say it's on the cooler side so it can be ashy in areas like my under eyes where it will also crease real bad because of the matte aspect. At this point, you might be wondering why are these guys even here then but stick with me. I've been really into Jackie Aina videos and one of the things I've learned from her is the idea of layering concealers. This work so well if you're doing a full glam look and even works for a simple daily face as long as you figure out how much is needed for what you want to achieve. Laying down Maybelline first before the Too Faced, their pros cancel out each others cons so well like two perfect accomplices which results in a semi matte satin finish. Sometimes we can't always make the best beauty purchases but we could figure out how to still make it work for us. 

The L.A. Girl Pro Concealers really got me interested when I noticed a lot of beauty gurus with deeper complexions using and praising these as they have the best shades for the best formula with a banging drugstore price. Lo and behold, there was a legitimate seller here in Malaysia for around RM30. My friend Dharsh whom you guys have seen in my recent shoots here needed a concealer in her skin tone whilst I really wanted to try out colour correcting. So when there happen to be a sale that it went down to RM25.50, we pressed the cart icon. One of the best decisions we ever made. We both agree it goes on so smooth and settles in lines really well. The coverage is amazing and a little will give you more than you expected. I like the brush applicator and I finally get colour correcting. I have pretty serious dark circles and the occasional red spots so most of the time concealers don't completely cover them up no matter the coverage but with these guys, its like they were never there. It even makes my concealers lasts and go on much more seamlessly. I'm already considering getting a proper concealer from them because this is seriously amazing and can't imagine how I got by before them.

Lastly, I don't think I need to go into this one too deep as it is a classic. You can use it alone for that glowy sheen or as the foundation to building your highlight. You can mix this in with your moisturizers, foundations or oils for more dew. You can add them to your eye looks or dot it on the point of your nose for that super cute doe nosed look. This particular shade even brings back some warmth to my face whenever I look like one flat even canvas.

Thanks so much for popping by and reaching this far into the post. It's been awhile I put up anything this long of a read and I missed it. Couldn't do any swatch shots for you but hopefully you guys can get the idea with the swatches I recreated as they are pretty close in how they actually look out of the tube. Hope you learned something and do let me know your thoughts if you tried any of these. I'll link down where you could get all the COSRX and L.A. Girl products but everything else can be found in either Sephora or your nearby drugstore. Until next time!

Links:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Favourites

Hey guys. Just a quick correction from my previous post, its not mist, its a haze. Thanks to my ever loving brother for pointing it out. If there is something wrong with my post for me to check out, really feel free to comment on it! So as I said, lately its been a very laidback weather here and these are the songs that carried me through it. I might not be able to list all but just click here and you can find the rest on my SoundCloud. It's been awhile since the last Tune Favourite  and that means I've been listening a ton. 1. "Here" by Alessia Cara (Lucian Remix) This has been basically the soundtrack for my August and even now I can't but be so floored by this singer's voice. I discovered her from a youtuber I follow and never regretted the decision to subscribe to her Vevo channel. While the original is the stuff, I love how it was remix here and every decision made to create it is so spot on. Do check out her other singles like "I&#

Newness

  For those new to my blog, hi and thanks for stumbling here (whether accidentally or not I am grateful). If you generally want to know me, check out my profile so you know what you're in for. For those who knew about this blog, if you haven't noticed, I've made a few changes and this post entails the reason. I'm finishing high school and to be honest, I have no plans on my education past that but we'll eventually have to. However, I decided to take up on writing more despite the on coming responsibilities. I plan to write reviews, expressing my thoughts on  books and movie and the like. Post some outfits as well, just need to work on being able to pose head to toe whenever and wherever I can. So there's thing in my head that will be published in the future and so with that in mind, I decided to change the name (yes *Douglas, I can see you your smug smirk), look and give it slightly more clarity as to what I will post and what are they all about. It

Into The Woods

  Happy Belated New Year! I'm back in Seattle from Oregon, Portland, with so much to say and stories to share but just to attempt to start my blogging streak, here is my review on the recent movie of the musical "Into The Woods". Note: I'm no expert on movies, I consider myself kinda easy to amuse despite my habit of checking rotten tomato critics. And yes there are spoilers. Onto the review! Its about a 2 hour long movie but for a total movie and musical fan like me, it was worth it. Watching it with my cousin who is also a musical lover like me at Cedar Hill's Theatre was a thrilling and wonderful experience. The prologue starts with an introduction to the main fairytale cast, narrated by the character, The Baker, himself. Based off Brother Grimm stories which haven't quite been commonly known among society, it takes you to another altered dimension from the mainstream and happier version of the classic stories we grew up knowing. The ball Cinderell