Skip to main content

Shades Of Cool



My friend, Fran (imagine the puns made with her name), and I had conducted couple of photo shoots since last year. Last Saturday was our third shoot till a long time considering we are all mostly likely gonna be busy for a while since graduating form high school. It's also by far the best I had, even considering that our only cameras were her sister's iPhone 4 and my Sony Xperia Z2. Quick note on my smartphone: I wanted to find one with the best camera and this totally fit my criteria of the perfect camera. Its manual function allows me to control ISO, focus on certain objects whilst giving a blur background similar to that of a DSLR and capture amazing details. Basically, I take all my photos with it.

For this shoot, we went for a minimalist grunge as the theme. For once we went for something really simple but not understated at all. In their basic apparels, the models, Cristy (left) and Chan Yng (right), wore delicate necklaces and rings provided by me. They shine in the photos as key pieces. It was a lot easier taking pictures this time around and this was great considering its the models second time shooting. Barely needed to do much editing; just increasing the exposure and only two filters, one with a vibrant tint and the other black and white was used. 

I'm going to the US this Wednesday and I'm gonna be there for about a month and half. So I'm excited and anxious and scared as we're making a few long stops on our flight to there. I'm gonna be seriously jet lagged and probably stressed about some menial things along the way but it's all part of the journey. Chances are I will be getting to enjoy to make and snap some memories. Seeya guys soon!



















Cristy:
Gold Bracelet and Arrow Ring - Padini
Black Gems ring and Gold Necklaces - H&M
Basic White Tee - Mango

Chan Yng:
Teal Necklace - H&M
Teal Ring and Lace Up Boots - Forever21
Ombre Shirt - Brands Outlet

Location: Prince Philip Park at Tanjung Aru First Beach

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates + Big Announcement

I thought I start off how dormant this blog has been with a good ol' update post. Cause there's nothing like going back in the blogger grind than just telling y'all what's been up since the last one. It's been a year since that post so ya girl has went through a whole LOT. I am now finally in my first year of degree, I got into the high committee for my DJ Club, I've been more creative with editing photos (check it out on the gram @twistlist ) and moved to a better apartment where I can finally COOK along with dope housemates. Through all the stress and never ending work I got from school, life honestly has been really good to me and I'm just grateful to be where I am. Won't lie though; I had my dips this past year with adulting, getting things together and balancing it all. Self deprecation is a habit I am trying to curb and not do as often since its sort of my coping mechanism to stress. We are not about that this year, not anymore. I'...

Haul+Review: Beauty Care Edition II

THE FACE SHOP GREEN TEA FACE MASK The cool thing about masks from The Face Shop is that you can find ones that are real cheap, like around RM6 cheap. Of course for one sheet you may think it isn't exactly a steal but in comparison to most brands in drugstores like Watson and Guardian, its far better. There is also something non-sticky and easily absorbed about their formulas that makes this a treat from mother nature herself. This one is meant to soothe irritation and revitalises your skin. I usually stock on this when my face is having its occasional red breakout and it does its job decently. Better if you popped this out from the fridge. My skin feels really nice to the touch and I always feel a sense of satisfaction when an ugly bump shrinks down considerably. MEDIHEAL I.P.I LIGHTMAX MASK This one offers, you guess it, brightening effect with some moisture enhancement. I specifically used it on a very particular busy day where my skin just felt exhausted and du...

College Looks

In collaboration with my girl, Denise, from Down The Yellow Brick  , we're a college theme posts so look out for them. We are revving to blog and we hope you enjoy them despite being so off the radar due to life and school. But let's get started. To be specific, I take A-level Science here in Kota Kinabalu and we have to wear a school shirt as a uniform. Aside from that though their is very free rein on pants and clothes. Its not really college per say but its still considered Pre-University so I still understand what kind of clothes you needed to get through the semester. Though the outfits you see here aren't my daily wear to school but I got some approvals from friends who go to college and managed to style up some looks based on general dress codes you may face at your college or university. Hence it's all very doable. This would be my first outfit post so I'm a complete amateur at this and at being the model for once as I don't feel I am at all photogen...