Skip to main content

Casual Outfits Lookbook

WASHED OUT
Thanks to youtubers like IAMKARENO and TheLineUp, this trick of knotting up your shirt has been fully implemented into how I dress most of the time. Sometimes, I feel like tucking into your jeans can take up unnecessary time, particularly if you're always trying to get just the right amount of fabric to tuck in to achieve that balance in your looks. Frankly, I can get real sick of it so I adopted this knotting hack so much this year than I ever did before. Whilst its nothing new, it timelessly adjust your outfit's proportion, especially for petite ladies. This trick can even be done at the back of tee just to mix things up. I am also madly in love with these jeans I got from H&M Coachella 2017 Line as its booty fitted with dainty embroidaries. It makes my butt look really good given I'm usually on the flatter side in that department and that's really saying something. 


MELLOW YELLOW
Contrary to the name, this is a pretty loud shirt with mood lifting powers. I wear this and I feel like I'm emitting joy and energy. Bonus points also for just making me look glowy. I got this from back home in KK at a consignment shop near my home for a pretty good price of RM36. I was hunting this colour for a shirt forever, especially with just-above-the-elbows sleeves. I've just been rocking a number of shirts lately because it makes such a good transition from a home outfit to going out with just a switch of pants. With just how loud and oversized this shirt alone is, I wanted to spotlight it even more by keeping everything simple and fitted with my trusty essentials of black pants and white shoes. It also makes for a great conversation starter and brightens every room you enter in a snap.

NETS & FLOWERS
I am absolutely in LOVE with this pair of fishnet socks because ever since its emergence on Instagram, I just love that street edge it gives. Adding this on immediately makes it look like you gave extra thought to putting your look together without any hassle. Huge thanks to my friend Chan Yng for gifting this to me; I am psyched with the looks I'll come up with it. I have really been into embroidered clothes if you guys can get the hint and I bought the pastel pink version to twin with my Mum who has the black version of this shirt. I like how its so simple with just a single pretty detail on it and how subtly feminine I feel in it. 


THE UNIFORM
We all have it. A set of clothes that we always keep in mind for those days where we can't bother to decide what to wear. This would be one of my favorite look to pull off for those days I am particularly lazy and it's my spin on the classic shirt and jeans combo. Like a lot of people, I think high-waisted jeans looks great on everyone and these pair are no different. I've also finally cut off the cuffs as they were a tad bit too long for me and left it frayed end to further personalize it. Huge hats off to my Mum for getting me this stripe shirt from her USA trip because I worn the heck out of it. Its so lightweight and breathable that it makes walking all over campus a breeze. Even better was that it was on sale. In addition, my Mum even got me this simple dark navy leather backpack from her last Korea trip that I have been searching forever. I nearly thought I would never find a casual backpack for my taste till she pulled this one on me. It's just those mother instincts you know, they always know when and what you need. I just rock this outfit a lot lately given I can be out doing school, grocery shopping or other things feeling so comfortable and cute.

And that concludes my lookbook. Shoutout to my good friend Dharsh who took the first 3 of these photos and Priscilla who took the last one, I can't thank you enough. Its been a couple years since the last lookbook so I hope you guys enjoy the aesthetic I went with this time as well as gained some inspiration. I tried to go for a more editorial theme with editing but noticed I'm serving you guys with a lot of side eye looks this time. I just rolled with it because I really didn't want to delay this post any longer. I also think a lot of these looks are super achievable given how comfy and simple they are without them being too understated. Hope life is doing well so far for you and I'll see you guys in the next one. Ciao for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Favourites

Hey guys. Just a quick correction from my previous post, its not mist, its a haze. Thanks to my ever loving brother for pointing it out. If there is something wrong with my post for me to check out, really feel free to comment on it! So as I said, lately its been a very laidback weather here and these are the songs that carried me through it. I might not be able to list all but just click here and you can find the rest on my SoundCloud. It's been awhile since the last Tune Favourite  and that means I've been listening a ton. 1. "Here" by Alessia Cara (Lucian Remix) This has been basically the soundtrack for my August and even now I can't but be so floored by this singer's voice. I discovered her from a youtuber I follow and never regretted the decision to subscribe to her Vevo channel. While the original is the stuff, I love how it was remix here and every decision made to create it is so spot on. Do check out her other singles like "I&#

Newness

  For those new to my blog, hi and thanks for stumbling here (whether accidentally or not I am grateful). If you generally want to know me, check out my profile so you know what you're in for. For those who knew about this blog, if you haven't noticed, I've made a few changes and this post entails the reason. I'm finishing high school and to be honest, I have no plans on my education past that but we'll eventually have to. However, I decided to take up on writing more despite the on coming responsibilities. I plan to write reviews, expressing my thoughts on  books and movie and the like. Post some outfits as well, just need to work on being able to pose head to toe whenever and wherever I can. So there's thing in my head that will be published in the future and so with that in mind, I decided to change the name (yes *Douglas, I can see you your smug smirk), look and give it slightly more clarity as to what I will post and what are they all about. It

Into The Woods

  Happy Belated New Year! I'm back in Seattle from Oregon, Portland, with so much to say and stories to share but just to attempt to start my blogging streak, here is my review on the recent movie of the musical "Into The Woods". Note: I'm no expert on movies, I consider myself kinda easy to amuse despite my habit of checking rotten tomato critics. And yes there are spoilers. Onto the review! Its about a 2 hour long movie but for a total movie and musical fan like me, it was worth it. Watching it with my cousin who is also a musical lover like me at Cedar Hill's Theatre was a thrilling and wonderful experience. The prologue starts with an introduction to the main fairytale cast, narrated by the character, The Baker, himself. Based off Brother Grimm stories which haven't quite been commonly known among society, it takes you to another altered dimension from the mainstream and happier version of the classic stories we grew up knowing. The ball Cinderell