Skip to main content

Haul+Review: Beauty Edition III



BIORE UV AQUA RICH SUNSCREEN
I always enter the sunscreen section of drugstore with some concerns. Its just tough when you're oily in one area and not really in others while trying to get a sunscreen that accommodates those two in one face. While being such a integral part of skincare, it is also sometimes the least thoroughly thought of product unless you were off on some tropical getaway. You might think that SPF found in your bb cream to be a great add on but it doesn't mean you can depend exclusively to it as your sun protection even if you use it daily. It just won't stand up to a regular sunscreen. However Biore seem to have a range of sunscreens to cater to what you're looking for so I bought this one. I don't have the original packaging but I do remember that it promises a semi matte finish and no lingering white cast. Which I'm happy to report that it isn't causing me breakouts or leaving me looking like a ghost. It also seem to be well after I layer any makeup over it as there isn't any acne cause and I'm not getting any tanner. I'm not sure if it is brightening my skin but it does make a great highlighter when I just want a more natural approach to my look. All it takes is another layer on the highest points of my face and I'm good. I also earned compliments whenever I do this so I can really attest to this little trick. While I think this is a pretty decent sunscreen, my only complain is the citrus fragrance that comes kind of strong but once applied, it does go away.



TARTE AMAZONIAN CLAY FOUNDATION
I came upon this one when I saw the early beauty videos of one of my favourite youtubers, clothesencounters aka Jenn Im. When she was still using this, I couldn't help but really love the flawless smooth finish that look really natural when she applied it on. So when it came to time that I needed foundation and was still trying to keep things natural, I had to get my hands on this. It suited my skin type, had vitamin E, SPF 15 sunscreen and it was animal cruelty free. It had a great line up of customers that were also in love with this product and it gave full coverage. I wanted to see if there were other options that met my criteria with Tarte as my back up and when I asked for help at Sephora, she immediately directed me to this exact product. It just gave me assurance that this was it and all there was left was to find my shade. I was so excited that when she tested it out on my whole face, I had the dream complexion that I've only seen on Jenn's videos. It even has a peach undertone to cancel out dark circles and lighten up appearance. I still occasionally use it too because I don't want to leave it to expire and just save it exclusively to formal events. To lighten it up for more of a out-and-about kind of day, I mixed it with my moisturizer and get a nice tint that last me throughout. I'm still so psyched that I got this and super happy with the results. My emoji rating would definitely be heart eyes all around.



TARTE MARACUJA CONCEALER (TAN SAND)
Before the shape tape, there was the creaseless concealer. This was the first concealer that I bought that actually match me. Its like that one friend you could always count on whenever you really needed it in those tired(-looking) dire moments. I had whipped this out countless of times for whenever I woke up like the living dead and this has stuck to me for so long that I am so so afraid for when this finish. Partly because this was kind of expensive, though I don't remember the exact price, and I have to venture out into the aisles of beauty once again to find my shade which can sometimes be a "trial and error" errand. Nothing is worse than finding out you paid big bucks on a product that doesn't even do its job and/or makes worse results. Once warm between your fingers, this concealer thins out beautifully and naturally. I also think that if you're an amateur to concealing, this would be a good start given that its a cream type that you can slowly build to your desired look.


BENEFIT WATT'S UP HIGHLIGHTER
I believe this was given to me as a Sephora birthday gift last year and I was so stoked to try this out given that strobing was a beauty trend I was so on board with. I have heard about a bit of rave on this item but felt like may it was too bright for my skin and thankfully I was proven wrong. Honestly the swatch here wasn't pictured precisely as if you were to actually see it, it's more of champagne gold hue rather than a silver one. It has a titch of glitter that doesn't go overboard if you put it lightly though you could totally go ham on this for a full goddess look. This is still a birthday gift so I got this in sample size but a little goes a long way and this little guy can last. I love that its in a stick form so it makes application a breeze with just a swipe and quick blend. It's practically foolproof and you can bring it with you anywhere given its size. This guy aids a whole lot when you just want to look more glowy and awake.

Now that finally concludes this edition! It's been months I know but like I said before; quality over quantity. I truly hope you enjoyed this series and rest assured since it's making, there has been many new hauls I've got which I hope to bring to you guys soon. Until the next post, have a good one guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Favourites

Hey guys. Just a quick correction from my previous post, its not mist, its a haze. Thanks to my ever loving brother for pointing it out. If there is something wrong with my post for me to check out, really feel free to comment on it! So as I said, lately its been a very laidback weather here and these are the songs that carried me through it. I might not be able to list all but just click here and you can find the rest on my SoundCloud. It's been awhile since the last Tune Favourite  and that means I've been listening a ton. 1. "Here" by Alessia Cara (Lucian Remix) This has been basically the soundtrack for my August and even now I can't but be so floored by this singer's voice. I discovered her from a youtuber I follow and never regretted the decision to subscribe to her Vevo channel. While the original is the stuff, I love how it was remix here and every decision made to create it is so spot on. Do check out her other singles like "I&#

Newness

  For those new to my blog, hi and thanks for stumbling here (whether accidentally or not I am grateful). If you generally want to know me, check out my profile so you know what you're in for. For those who knew about this blog, if you haven't noticed, I've made a few changes and this post entails the reason. I'm finishing high school and to be honest, I have no plans on my education past that but we'll eventually have to. However, I decided to take up on writing more despite the on coming responsibilities. I plan to write reviews, expressing my thoughts on  books and movie and the like. Post some outfits as well, just need to work on being able to pose head to toe whenever and wherever I can. So there's thing in my head that will be published in the future and so with that in mind, I decided to change the name (yes *Douglas, I can see you your smug smirk), look and give it slightly more clarity as to what I will post and what are they all about. It

Into The Woods

  Happy Belated New Year! I'm back in Seattle from Oregon, Portland, with so much to say and stories to share but just to attempt to start my blogging streak, here is my review on the recent movie of the musical "Into The Woods". Note: I'm no expert on movies, I consider myself kinda easy to amuse despite my habit of checking rotten tomato critics. And yes there are spoilers. Onto the review! Its about a 2 hour long movie but for a total movie and musical fan like me, it was worth it. Watching it with my cousin who is also a musical lover like me at Cedar Hill's Theatre was a thrilling and wonderful experience. The prologue starts with an introduction to the main fairytale cast, narrated by the character, The Baker, himself. Based off Brother Grimm stories which haven't quite been commonly known among society, it takes you to another altered dimension from the mainstream and happier version of the classic stories we grew up knowing. The ball Cinderell