Skip to main content

Haul+Review: Beauty Care Edition I


Hey guys! So over the couple of months, I have garner quite a bit of haul that I thought it be way better to just split this post into three parts. With that said, we're gonna start of with some beauty care:



ARCONA RASPBERRY CLARIFYING BAR
 I ran out of a few stuff hence why I decided I be open to the market of something else I haven't tried. Aside from going as natural as possible in my routine, I like to go into stores with an aim and while I have fairly okay skin, I still had a bunch of tiny zits on my forehead that weren't bad or anything but they were always in the way for my dream of a smooth textured face as weird as that was worded. So with that in mind and yet again plunging into a discussion with one lady at Sephora, she recommended Arcona. A low key skincare brand that did things natural and with advance tech. This bar is cold-pressed so while using it, your skin is getting the goodies it offers as effectively as possible. Not going to lie though; when I first use it for a couple of times, I was not really convinced and kinda freaked out. After I lather into that familiar foam you get when you handle a soap bar and rinsing it off, I was like shades fairer which was almost like I had that snapchat filter where it made you prettier and whiter. Another thing was while I didn't really FEEL it, my skin would really be dry when I pat my face. Like it was now a desert on my canvas after just washing off. It was so hard to restore moisture back in certain places as I am a combination type after cleansing. I was even close to giving it away to someone I knew with oilier skin than me but since we couldn't find the right time for that to happen and I didn't wanna spend another cleanser straight away, I stuck to it for a few more weeks and saw results. The trick was that the foamier I lather on an area, the dryer that place would be after rinse. So I tactically place the foamy part around my T-zone where it gets pretty oily and not as bubbly in my U-zone. I got way less tiny pimples, my breakouts got better and lesser, plus I got fairer. This stuff is packed with raspberry, wine extracts, green tea extracts, aloe, salicylic acid and vitamin E to help reduce inflammation, heal scars and prevent breakouts for a smoother face. I would highly recommend this to anyone with oily to combination skin and to advise that the techniques of your skincare is just as important as what you apply on your skin. Aside from the fact I can't keep it hygienically contained, I'm pretty satisfied with whats it been doing to my face now.


ARCONA CRANBERRY TONER
I also needed a new toner as my Fresh one was slowly finishing so I might as well try out one from Arcona as well. I didn't enjoy this one. While it did had a fairly small list of ingredients, along in it was fragrance. I try to avoid stuff like that but that time, I was in a rush and so it is my fault on my part. My previous cleanser helped with taking make-up off but not the current Arcona one, instead this toner does that. So the order of my skincare was really wack as I would used this first before cleansing and then after I used my Fresh one to finish it up. Honestly I didn't had a chance to use this as a toner because the amount you get is literally until the open rim of the bottle cap. Plus it wasn't removing my make up as efficiently as I like as I go through like six cotton wipes to just really remove concealer and eyebrow pencil only. I don't even use a setting spray so it didn't had much of a challenge to do its job. Moreover, my skin is left feeling pretty dry and kinda red which could be from the wipes. While the smell isn't bad, it lingers for some time which just reminds me of the fragrance in it. My old toner outlasted it by miles, even when I used this toner exclusively as a makeup remover and I don't put on make-up all that often or much of it when I do. Perhaps this would be more compatible or those who are acne prone or typically oily, but this was not worth splurging for me in the sense that if you wanted to invest in something that performed better and long lasting.


THE FACE SHOP WHITE SEED TONER
So the Face Shop had like this really cool sale on a lot of stuff so I thought what perfect timing that all was when my old toner was done. While I typically never bought anything but their face masks, I really got to know the brand through friends, the web and the employees there. If you wanted to go all mother nature on your beauty routine, turns out the Face Shop can be a pretty decent place to start. The staff there assured me a lot of their stuff are free of a lot of chemicals (e.g. Fragrance, Alcohol, Parabens and etc) so you can check out a lot of things to not worry about. This toner aims at brightening while still keeping you hydrated. What really sold me was the light and translucent consistency which absorbs fast into my skin. It cost just shy below RM100 but due to this promo where if you purchase the moisturizing cream from the same line which is about RM20 more than the the price of the toner, the toner comes free! Honestly it was a such deal and I'll explain why later in this post. I feel like it does its job and keeps me from looking dull and dead. Plus, it feels like such a treat after I cleanse because my skin feels sort of nourished as well. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with this one.


PINK BY PURE BEAUTY ESSENCE WATER
I always wanted to to try add back essence/serum/ampoule into my routine as I haven't for a few years now. These are basically that extra something in your skin care that gives you a boost for specific area you want to remedy. I have been eyeing this one for awhile only because whenever I tried the tester, I always seen a difference of brightness and I dig its semi serum texture despite it being essence. It even mentioned that it was paraben free, lanolin free and alcohol free. It's made from Korea and I wasn't particularly too picky on it as ultimately I wanted an add on. Its also packed with some strong components for hydration and antioxidants to promote skin regeneration which are part of the reason my blemishes and any acne scars healed faster and becomes smoother. I also like to feel fairly moisturized because I just feel great when my skin is hydrated just right and this helps aid in further maintenance of that. Would I say it's madly effective though? No but I think it gives some "oomph" to my skin and I got it at Watson with a decent price. If I had to rate it out of 10, I give it a 7.


THE FACE SHOP WHITE SEED BLANCLOUDING WHITE MOISTURE CREAM
This is the moisture cream that I bought to have the toner for free. I didn't mind it as you know it's just one more way to stay hydrated and it wasn't all that more expensive than the toner. You basically get two products for the price of one. This even came with its own clear tiny spatula so you don't have to worry about any gross bacteria. Little did I know how much I ended up loving this product. Every time I put this on before my moisturizer, my skin is left feeling so smooth and radiant. It's even better when I wake up with a soft, supple face. Whenever I got a bad acne or slightly dry patch, this instantly does its job and makes my skin look and feel really good. It doesn't differ too far off in ingredients from the toner and it was creamy yet semi-jelly like that didn't make it heavy or weigh down my face. It also gives me a chance to do some massaging which encourages good blood flow for a better appearance. I also look a shade or two brighter and my skin is especially prepped if I choose to go almost full face with my make up. A little of this potent stuff goes a long way too so I'm happy that this will last me for quite some time. The cool texture is also mentioned to be achieved through Cloud Processing which is inspired by the formation of clouds. I am so unexpectedly happy with this stuff that I always look forward it towards the end of my routine.


L'OREAL PARIS REVITALIFT EYE CREAM
An eye cream is always something I wanted to get for so many number of reasons. I have serious dark circles and I needed something with retinol which is known to stimulate cell renewal to reduce that. I've also known how much I tug on my eye area a lot, especially since I started using make up. So to just prevent fine lines and all that wrinkling, I looked up at drugstore goods and this one was pretty praised for what it does. Although the tub is pretty small, a little goes a mile on this stuff. This aims to tone up and anti-age your eye area and so far I'm pretty happy with this one. It smoothed the subtle lines under my eyes and the area there becomes even. I even dab a bit of this on my forehead and smile lines to give back some firmness in those areas. While I am gifted/cursed of looking younger than my actual age, I'm pretty into skincare that I want to still prepare to prevent wrinkles. Even considering that I am entering my 20s soon (and I say this with a lot of subtle anxieties). I researched enough that if you start your anti-wrinkle steps early, your future skin will thank you. Further proven that I know a number of people who does this and are living proof of this fact. I'm one of those people who honestly want to look like they're still brimming with life at an old age. SKII representatives are my poster child for timeless skin and I just always wanted to be able to be like them when I reach their age. So while I can't afford SKII products, I'll still strive to fight off crow feet with a budget. 

That concludes the end of part one of this haul. There is going to be two more to go so look out for those and I'll see you guys then. Have a good one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Favourites

Hey guys. Just a quick correction from my previous post, its not mist, its a haze. Thanks to my ever loving brother for pointing it out. If there is something wrong with my post for me to check out, really feel free to comment on it! So as I said, lately its been a very laidback weather here and these are the songs that carried me through it. I might not be able to list all but just click here and you can find the rest on my SoundCloud. It's been awhile since the last Tune Favourite  and that means I've been listening a ton. 1. "Here" by Alessia Cara (Lucian Remix) This has been basically the soundtrack for my August and even now I can't but be so floored by this singer's voice. I discovered her from a youtuber I follow and never regretted the decision to subscribe to her Vevo channel. While the original is the stuff, I love how it was remix here and every decision made to create it is so spot on. Do check out her other singles like "I&#

Newness

  For those new to my blog, hi and thanks for stumbling here (whether accidentally or not I am grateful). If you generally want to know me, check out my profile so you know what you're in for. For those who knew about this blog, if you haven't noticed, I've made a few changes and this post entails the reason. I'm finishing high school and to be honest, I have no plans on my education past that but we'll eventually have to. However, I decided to take up on writing more despite the on coming responsibilities. I plan to write reviews, expressing my thoughts on  books and movie and the like. Post some outfits as well, just need to work on being able to pose head to toe whenever and wherever I can. So there's thing in my head that will be published in the future and so with that in mind, I decided to change the name (yes *Douglas, I can see you your smug smirk), look and give it slightly more clarity as to what I will post and what are they all about. It

Into The Woods

  Happy Belated New Year! I'm back in Seattle from Oregon, Portland, with so much to say and stories to share but just to attempt to start my blogging streak, here is my review on the recent movie of the musical "Into The Woods". Note: I'm no expert on movies, I consider myself kinda easy to amuse despite my habit of checking rotten tomato critics. And yes there are spoilers. Onto the review! Its about a 2 hour long movie but for a total movie and musical fan like me, it was worth it. Watching it with my cousin who is also a musical lover like me at Cedar Hill's Theatre was a thrilling and wonderful experience. The prologue starts with an introduction to the main fairytale cast, narrated by the character, The Baker, himself. Based off Brother Grimm stories which haven't quite been commonly known among society, it takes you to another altered dimension from the mainstream and happier version of the classic stories we grew up knowing. The ball Cinderell