Skip to main content

Food Disclosure

Part of the overwhelming "foodie" percentile, I have been eating at a variety of places particularly last year because I consider it stress relieving to try something new and I am more than happy to practise that. To stay true to finding materials on what I be interested to write about, I took tons of pictures when I remember to. Surprisingly I've garner quite a bit of a gallery over a couple months and I'm excited to share these restaurant faves. Your welcome.



Socialize Cafe
Spotted as you roll straight into Metro Town, its another addition to the growing cafe and barista industry here in KK. While they mostly offer western food with the usual assortment of coffee and tea varieties, I usually come here for brunch with my family or friends. I highly recommend you go for their breakfast options; my all time must have being the Eggs Benedict dish but you can also have your egg scrambled or sunny side up or poached for its other choices. Coming here after an early morning jog, you can get all your energy right back on track for the day here. While the place may seem like a typical coffee place at a glance, it stands true to its name with the center faux cherry tree and welcoming atmosphere for anyone to eat well with good company.


De' L's Cafe
I have to admit, I only came across this particular cafe on the 1st Floor of Pavillion Bundusan because my Mom came across this web post about the top 10 cafe's you need to know in KK. Once inside, you might be slightly confused with the decor theme. Is this a cafe going for that country rustic or is that a beanbag randomly place in a makeshift lounge corner? I prefer the left side before the cashier upon entering where its basically a minimal white wall with industry pipes for bookshelves (where is the how-to for this craft please). The food I will say is very very good. A great hotspot for a relaxing breakfast for that ideal cozy morning. 



Pregio by Barista Caffe
If you happen to sleep in and find yourself wanting to get some really good brunch, I recommend this place which is just right next to the Socialize cafe with only a road separating them. Metro town is basically this area full of treasures of cuisine from your Sang Nyuk Mian and Ice Cendol to your Breakfast Platter and Mille Crepe Cakes. If you're ever in doubt of where to eat, drop on by to this place. Here they offer your array of western cuisines that can cater to a fulfilling breakfast or a decadent lunch. You could even settle for some interesting arrays of coffee and tea that is always served with a delicate cookie.


Seven Grains Cafe
Of course I don't always get to eat any of the food above except on a few occasions. Unsurprisingly, I mostly eat Asian food and so when I stumbled upon this Japanese-Korean and perhaps Chinese infused restaurant, I had to give it a go. My Mum isn't all that into the west stuff as much as I am so this restaurant fits into her taste palette quite well. There's something about small side dishes and unique dishes all plated in eclectic themed cutlery that makes this place not only fun to eat but not straying far from home. If your fam and you are total eastern adventurers, then check out Gaya Street 
where you'll find it opposite the row with BSN.

So I'll end the first post of the year here. Tagging this under 2016 still seems kinda surreal but I hope whoever is still here reading this has a great one so far. Will do an update real soon but so far my A-levels are really keeping me busy but hey its a Friday so hence the new post. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Favourites

Hey guys. Just a quick correction from my previous post, its not mist, its a haze. Thanks to my ever loving brother for pointing it out. If there is something wrong with my post for me to check out, really feel free to comment on it! So as I said, lately its been a very laidback weather here and these are the songs that carried me through it. I might not be able to list all but just click here and you can find the rest on my SoundCloud. It's been awhile since the last Tune Favourite  and that means I've been listening a ton. 1. "Here" by Alessia Cara (Lucian Remix) This has been basically the soundtrack for my August and even now I can't but be so floored by this singer's voice. I discovered her from a youtuber I follow and never regretted the decision to subscribe to her Vevo channel. While the original is the stuff, I love how it was remix here and every decision made to create it is so spot on. Do check out her other singles like "I&#

Newness

  For those new to my blog, hi and thanks for stumbling here (whether accidentally or not I am grateful). If you generally want to know me, check out my profile so you know what you're in for. For those who knew about this blog, if you haven't noticed, I've made a few changes and this post entails the reason. I'm finishing high school and to be honest, I have no plans on my education past that but we'll eventually have to. However, I decided to take up on writing more despite the on coming responsibilities. I plan to write reviews, expressing my thoughts on  books and movie and the like. Post some outfits as well, just need to work on being able to pose head to toe whenever and wherever I can. So there's thing in my head that will be published in the future and so with that in mind, I decided to change the name (yes *Douglas, I can see you your smug smirk), look and give it slightly more clarity as to what I will post and what are they all about. It

Into The Woods

  Happy Belated New Year! I'm back in Seattle from Oregon, Portland, with so much to say and stories to share but just to attempt to start my blogging streak, here is my review on the recent movie of the musical "Into The Woods". Note: I'm no expert on movies, I consider myself kinda easy to amuse despite my habit of checking rotten tomato critics. And yes there are spoilers. Onto the review! Its about a 2 hour long movie but for a total movie and musical fan like me, it was worth it. Watching it with my cousin who is also a musical lover like me at Cedar Hill's Theatre was a thrilling and wonderful experience. The prologue starts with an introduction to the main fairytale cast, narrated by the character, The Baker, himself. Based off Brother Grimm stories which haven't quite been commonly known among society, it takes you to another altered dimension from the mainstream and happier version of the classic stories we grew up knowing. The ball Cinderell