Skip to main content

College Looks

In collaboration with my girl, Denise, from Down The Yellow Brick , we're a college theme posts so look out for them. We are revving to blog and we hope you enjoy them despite being so off the radar due to life and school. But let's get started.

To be specific, I take A-level Science here in Kota Kinabalu and we have to wear a school shirt as a uniform. Aside from that though their is very free rein on pants and clothes. Its not really college per say but its still considered Pre-University so I still understand what kind of clothes you needed to get through the semester. Though the outfits you see here aren't my daily wear to school but I got some approvals from friends who go to college and managed to style up some looks based on general dress codes you may face at your college or university. Hence it's all very doable. This would be my first outfit post so I'm a complete amateur at this and at being the model for once as I don't feel I am at all photogenic but I promise to get better at it.

BLACK ON BLACK



I recently got this black romper and I love it. Its soft, comfortable and fits me in all the right places. My curves never look better. Top with my leather cropped jacket and some flip flops as this was after a jog and I wanted to pack light with the change of clothes. This is one of those days I've feel where you want to look good and put together without looking like you had to really try hard. Being a college student can be overwhelming and you don't want your wardrobe to be a part of that. 

Leather Jacket - local shop
Romper - H&M




BASIC NEON


You could never go wrong with black and white. Influenced again with my love for basics and minimalism, I threw this look together just recently as every Saturday I do jogging with my gals. To me, the only way to cope with all the pressure and academic stress is by making up some non-school related activities to do daily and consistently. I'm sure I'm not the only one and hence this look was set up with the hope to make changing clothes hassle free, especially those who hit the gym between or after classes. I kept the same shoes I used for jogging as it add that pop of mint neon on this shiny silver base. The sportluxe has already been a fervent trend and still is, so its a good idea to go look at your work out gear and make them more than just sweatpants you know?

Crop Tee - H&M
Shorts - Local shop
Shoes - Bata







Backpack - Local department store
Sunnies - Forever21

The backpack is usually my go to work out bag as it fits all my clothes, water bottle and essentials. I love the look and the leather feel to it. It just adds a dimension to the first outfit too. The sunnies are a gift and I love cat style shades the most. It compliments anyone and it matches my shoes' neon laces in the second outfit as another hint of colour.

PLAID IT TOGETHER



If you subtract the layers of necklace and replace this revamped plaid jacket with a black blazer, this would be what I would go for on presentation days. Days like this is when you want to bring in  your office game on but as a girl, you don't want to just look like the boss. You want to be a GIRLBOSS as termed by the amazing Sophia Amuroso . I've seen so many different interpretation of the presentation outfit that really you can almost derive a formula. Just make sure you at least wear one key office piece like a pencil skirt or a fitted blazer and then mix it up like with a nice jumpsuit or blouse. Add one statement piece jewellery or pair of shoes and you can still look polish and fresh. This outfit was styled for a farewell outing for a close friend of mine so hence I played out this work look with some patterns and accessories. Some nude sandals to give the look a little more class without killing my feet later and match my top.

Jacket - Local shop
Crop Top - Hong Kong
Belt - Dorothy Perkins
Jeans - Mango
Clutch - Steve Madden
Sandal - H&M
Chocker & Sun Necklace - H&M
Crystal Necklace - Scotland





Remember to check out Denise's blog for her up coming posts. Link can be clicked on her name mentioned in this post. Look forward to the next one after and do comment your thoughts. Ciao

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Favourites

Hey guys. Just a quick correction from my previous post, its not mist, its a haze. Thanks to my ever loving brother for pointing it out. If there is something wrong with my post for me to check out, really feel free to comment on it! So as I said, lately its been a very laidback weather here and these are the songs that carried me through it. I might not be able to list all but just click here and you can find the rest on my SoundCloud. It's been awhile since the last Tune Favourite  and that means I've been listening a ton. 1. "Here" by Alessia Cara (Lucian Remix) This has been basically the soundtrack for my August and even now I can't but be so floored by this singer's voice. I discovered her from a youtuber I follow and never regretted the decision to subscribe to her Vevo channel. While the original is the stuff, I love how it was remix here and every decision made to create it is so spot on. Do check out her other singles like "I&#

Newness

  For those new to my blog, hi and thanks for stumbling here (whether accidentally or not I am grateful). If you generally want to know me, check out my profile so you know what you're in for. For those who knew about this blog, if you haven't noticed, I've made a few changes and this post entails the reason. I'm finishing high school and to be honest, I have no plans on my education past that but we'll eventually have to. However, I decided to take up on writing more despite the on coming responsibilities. I plan to write reviews, expressing my thoughts on  books and movie and the like. Post some outfits as well, just need to work on being able to pose head to toe whenever and wherever I can. So there's thing in my head that will be published in the future and so with that in mind, I decided to change the name (yes *Douglas, I can see you your smug smirk), look and give it slightly more clarity as to what I will post and what are they all about. It

Into The Woods

  Happy Belated New Year! I'm back in Seattle from Oregon, Portland, with so much to say and stories to share but just to attempt to start my blogging streak, here is my review on the recent movie of the musical "Into The Woods". Note: I'm no expert on movies, I consider myself kinda easy to amuse despite my habit of checking rotten tomato critics. And yes there are spoilers. Onto the review! Its about a 2 hour long movie but for a total movie and musical fan like me, it was worth it. Watching it with my cousin who is also a musical lover like me at Cedar Hill's Theatre was a thrilling and wonderful experience. The prologue starts with an introduction to the main fairytale cast, narrated by the character, The Baker, himself. Based off Brother Grimm stories which haven't quite been commonly known among society, it takes you to another altered dimension from the mainstream and happier version of the classic stories we grew up knowing. The ball Cinderell