Skip to main content

Walking on sunshine, CA


Hi guys! This is a post on my trip across California couple days after I've just arrived in Seattle from home. It was a trip my older brother, Melvin, suggested and wanted my Mom and I to join. I decided to split this trip into a few post just to give you all some details on the highlights of this trip. So expect some up coming post but maybe not in order as there are still so much I want to share as well. Okay here we go!

I've had always heard about Cali, she's fun, bright and all smiles. Despite the winter weather, Cali gave me the confidence to just bust out in a cotton sweater and jeans alone, no jacket. My only outfit regret is not having the option to walk in sneaks instead of my winter boots. It was like the place was giving me the freedom for more movement, more new outings. This was especially refreshing from the chilly bite in Seattle so obviously I took whatever chance I get to revel in my sun bathing days there. I noticed the small traces of spring. I smelled salty ocean air breezing by. The sound of waves crashing against each other flowed through me, washing away all anxieties as long as it was heard. Thinking back about it makes me yearn for it again. Plus with the new experience of how different things are here, this was the getaway I needed to just be surprised all over again and actually be pretty excited for what's next ever since finishing high school. The seals were just a pleasant sight to observe and they were all so adorable. Cali also reminded me in some ways of KK so it was so relaxing to kind of feel something familiar. The tropical trees and the warmth from the sun were remedies to my home sickness. Let the picture speak for themeselves! FYI no filters added and most of them are displaying us at La Holla (pronounced ya-hoy-ya) Cove and a lighthouse by the National Park Service.








(Center shadows, from left to right) Mel, me and Mum




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates + Big Announcement

I thought I start off how dormant this blog has been with a good ol' update post. Cause there's nothing like going back in the blogger grind than just telling y'all what's been up since the last one. It's been a year since that post so ya girl has went through a whole LOT. I am now finally in my first year of degree, I got into the high committee for my DJ Club, I've been more creative with editing photos (check it out on the gram @twistlist ) and moved to a better apartment where I can finally COOK along with dope housemates. Through all the stress and never ending work I got from school, life honestly has been really good to me and I'm just grateful to be where I am. Won't lie though; I had my dips this past year with adulting, getting things together and balancing it all. Self deprecation is a habit I am trying to curb and not do as often since its sort of my coping mechanism to stress. We are not about that this year, not anymore. I'...

Haul+Review: Beauty Care Edition II

THE FACE SHOP GREEN TEA FACE MASK The cool thing about masks from The Face Shop is that you can find ones that are real cheap, like around RM6 cheap. Of course for one sheet you may think it isn't exactly a steal but in comparison to most brands in drugstores like Watson and Guardian, its far better. There is also something non-sticky and easily absorbed about their formulas that makes this a treat from mother nature herself. This one is meant to soothe irritation and revitalises your skin. I usually stock on this when my face is having its occasional red breakout and it does its job decently. Better if you popped this out from the fridge. My skin feels really nice to the touch and I always feel a sense of satisfaction when an ugly bump shrinks down considerably. MEDIHEAL I.P.I LIGHTMAX MASK This one offers, you guess it, brightening effect with some moisture enhancement. I specifically used it on a very particular busy day where my skin just felt exhausted and du...

College Looks

In collaboration with my girl, Denise, from Down The Yellow Brick  , we're a college theme posts so look out for them. We are revving to blog and we hope you enjoy them despite being so off the radar due to life and school. But let's get started. To be specific, I take A-level Science here in Kota Kinabalu and we have to wear a school shirt as a uniform. Aside from that though their is very free rein on pants and clothes. Its not really college per say but its still considered Pre-University so I still understand what kind of clothes you needed to get through the semester. Though the outfits you see here aren't my daily wear to school but I got some approvals from friends who go to college and managed to style up some looks based on general dress codes you may face at your college or university. Hence it's all very doable. This would be my first outfit post so I'm a complete amateur at this and at being the model for once as I don't feel I am at all photogen...